Sunday, February 28, 2010

Inked Sunset

Today I attempted a poured watercolour effect and have learned two essential things. Watercolour canvases should be used for watercolour painting. If not for any other reason, but for how much more vivid the colours could have been with a lot less paint used. The other thing is that I need to get myself some blending fluid. Overall I'm happy with the piece but it is nowhere near what I had originally envisioned for it. Not brush strokes were to have been needed for the sunset.....however I grew impatient as it wasn't working the way demonstrated and I just had to dip the brush in.

That all aside though I am very happy with it. I've listed it in my Etsy shop HERE to my husband's dismay and the free shipping still applies. I hope you like this piece and hopefully I'll try the poured watercolour technique again......this time with the proper materials though!

No comments: