Friday, April 2, 2010

Leigh's Garden

With my daughter's seventh birthday soon upon us I've decided to start my project/birthday present for her. This year I'm painting her a mural of her own for her space. I promised myself when we finally bought our own home that both children would have their own personalized room so my daughter and I thought long and hard and she decided upon a garden for her room complete with a sunny sky, flowers and butterflies. I was going to wait until later in the year but the recent good weather we've had has inspired me to start a little earlier, plus my daughter's face when she saw me take the paint brush to her walls ignited the urge to get going even more. What better motivation than an excited happy little girl urging you on. So with that I will leave you all with pictures of my first leg of the journey and will be sure to keep you all posted as the mural progresses.......oh and the blue of the closer shot of the sun is the truer colour. My camera seems to be quitting on me sadly. Thanks for looking/reading!

No comments: