Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Mural is completed!!!!

And I'm feeling great about it! This has been one amazing opportunity and experience to work with such a large canvas and creating a piece that will be enjoyed by people who matter to me. I just can't wait for the kids to see this for themselves and I'm looking forward to seeing their reaction first hand next weekend. Below are the pictures of the final work. All that is needed is the protective finish and it's done. While the pictures are pretty good representations of this piece, the in person view is just incredible. I'm most thankful for the spark that was lit through painting this. I have for far too long put my brushes aside and it was rewarding to pick them up again. I'm hoping to get the opportunity to do this again soon. And if I do.....I'll be sure to post it here.

And now for the pictures......enjoy!





4 comments:

Daphne said...

Wow Lisa!! That looks amazing! I love it. Your animals look so cute, and makes you want to be in the room! Way to go! Your blog looks great too! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Daphne *hugs*

Unknown said...

WOW!!! This is fantastic!

Jay said...

way to go lisa! you must beeeeee sooooooooooooooo proud! its bliddy well fantastic, well done you!
loves ya
jay xx