Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Why I love my kids.....well one of many reasons!

Tonight my kids made me cry......and it was a good reason. Today I finally put the finishing touches on my latest painting.....little Blue Jay. The piece is currently drying in my office/studio. As we're getting ready for bed I enter the room to see my husband and kids viewing the finished piece and talking about it, may daughter admiring it more than the other two. My husband looks at me and starts to attempt to discreetly point towards my daughter as if to ask if I could give it to her. After thinking about it a moment I agreed which was immediately followed by my son asking for my other piece reaching (boys and fire.....who knew?).

Well I've now gifted them.....and while I'm sad to give away the canvas I've been staring at for the past few weeks, I'm glad I could make their day. What really got me was when my daughter looked at me quite seriously and said "Mommy, I have two dollars I can give you for this so it's almost like selling it in a real shop"; which was followed by my little guy offering his two dollars. No money was exchanged, but did I ever hold those two in a hug that seemed to be the longest moment in history.

I love my kids!

No comments: