Friday, January 6, 2012

Another Mural! The light house Part 1

Another Mural has been started! These are so different than the canvas and paper pieces I do but I love the variety. This time around I'm painting in another tight space (see Mural Is Completed) and this one will be two opposite walls. This one is of a basic lighthouse, so far a lot has been done in only one day, but still a lot of work left to do. Unfortunately I forgot to bring blue to the site.....who would forget blue for a waterscape? Thankfully even if I had it I ran out of time for the day so you'll have to follow along to see the completed piece in any case. I hope you enjoy the progress so far as much as those it's been created for......

This is the before....the blank wall all sketched out for the first brush strokes.

Initial colour of the Light House have been blocked in, now it's time to dry the first coat.

Finally the first day is complete, shadowing in for a more 3D look to the column, some clouds and a bit of sun. Next up will be a wash for the sky and the waterline of course. Hopefully this will be complete in the coming week. After this, there's an opposite wall that will be transformed into a mini waterfall. Stay tuned, and thank you for following!

No comments: